How to Clean Patio Stones
As summer approaches all we think about are those lovely times when we will be able to sit down in the garden with lemonade in hand and enjoy the good weather while looking at our beautiful lawns and gardens. But as soon as we go out and have a look at our patio reality descends upon us: dirty patio stones with weeds popping up there head from every possible space, mold and even rust. Thus, we realize that before enjoying our dream we must have a patio cleaning session. In this article we will show you how to clean patio stones properly.
The quickest way to clean patio stones is to use a pressure washer. It is much easier to use than most people think and also saves lots of time and energy rather than scrubbing brush. While choosing a pressure washer, always choose the one with a long hose so that you can clean the whole area without moving it from one place to another. To clean using pressure washer use the following steps:
- Attach the hose firmly to the tap. Turn on the hose and then release the lance trigger. When the water starts flowing quite freely then you can switch on the power.
- Then choose the appropriate lance and fit it such that there are no leaks.
- The next step is to squeeze the trigger and your pump will start to operate. Start working from one edge of the patio while you blast the dirt away in sweeping motion.
- After cleaning the whole patio rinse it off using a low pressure.
If you have concrete slabs in your patio, then bleach would do a very fine work of cleaning the patio. To clean your patio with bleach, use the following steps:
- Take a watering can. Then put a generous squeeze or two of bleach into it.
- Fill the watering can with cold water.
- Then using the watering can water the whole patio.
- After that scrub off the patio using a brush. If you are using chlorine bleach then be careful as it may kill nearly plants if it comes in contact.
- Let it stay like that for one hour or two and avoid using the patio for that time.
- Then finally rinse it off lightly. Your patio will look bright and new again.
Brown soap or soda crystal
The most simple and probably the oldest method of cleaning patio stones is to use brown soap or soda crystal. It is one of the best methods to clean stone. Use the following steps:
- Take a bucket and fill it with water. Then mix one cup of brown soap or soda crystal in it.
- Pour this mixture over the patio. You can do it using a watering can too.
- Now using a stiff brush scrub the whole patio vigorously.
- After scrubbing, let it rest for some minutes. If you have weeds growing in the space between the stones then you can use white vinegar or chlorine bleach to kill them.
- Finally rinse off the whole patio and it will look clean and sparkling in no time.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Clean Patio Stones, we recommend you visit our Home cleaning category.