How to get rid of Liquid Foundation stains on Clothes
Wear a smile and you will look beautiful. Add a dash of makeup and you will look exotic. Every girl knows the importance of makeup as much as clothes. One of the wonderful makeup tools is liquid foundation which will enhance your beauty by hiding your flaws. But when this liquid foundation leaves stains on clothes it becomes every girl’s nightmare.
Liquid foundation stains can be quite hard to remove from both washable clothes and non – washable clothes. But there is no reason to worry any more as we have brought tips through which you can easily get rid of Liquid Foundation stains on Clothes.
Fabrics like Cotton, nylon, acrylic fabric, modacrylic, linen, polyester, spandex and olefin are washable fabrics. The stains from liquid foundation can be removed from these fabrics in the following ways:
- Use a stiff bristled brush and then sweep the stain from the clothes with light strokes. After using the brush blot up the excess stain. With this method, take care that the stain does not spread.
- You can use a dry spotter to remove the stain. At first apply a dry spotter to the area of liquid foundation stain. Then cover the area with a cloth dampened with dry spotter. Continue checking on the stain often and then brush it in light strokes. Then change the cover on the stain with another cloth dampened with dry spotter. Continue brushing and covering the stain until there is no more stain.
- You can also flush the stain with dry cleaning solvent like Afta Cleaning Fluid. Flush means applying the stain remover so that it loosens the staining material and also the residue from stain removers.
- To remove oil – free foundation you can use shaving cream. Add a little alcohol to it so that the stain gets off easily. After using the shaving cream wash it to remove the stain completely.
- If the foundation is oil based then use dish detergent on the spot before treating it with shaving cream.
Non – Washable Fabrics
Fabrics like wool, rayon and silk are non – washable fabrics. To remove stains from non – washable fabrics use the following methods:
- Use a brush to at first brush off the excess foundation stain or blot up the excess stain. Then apply a stain remover like dry cleaning solvent such as Afta Cleaning Fluid or K2r Spot lifter.
- You can apply a dry spotter to the stain and then cover the spot with dry spotter with a cloth dampened with the product. Keep changing the cloth cover after every short interval until the spot disappears. Finally flush it with water.
If you want to read similar articles to How to get rid of Liquid Foundation stains on Clothes, we recommend you visit our Home cleaning category.