How to Get Urine Smell out of the Bathroom Carpet
Urine smell is awful, and no one can survive it for long. Someone in your house may have a very bad target, or your little son might be used to peeing while taking a bath. Whatever the reason is, you just can’t afford to let your bathroom carpet smell of urine. If your bathroom carpet stinks, you must be praying all the time that your guests do not use your bathroom when they visit your house. The best thing you can do is to give toilet training to everyone in your house. But if the mishap has already taken place, this oneHOWTO article is going to tell you how to get urine smell out of the bathroom carpet.
One of the best ingredients that's successful at removing bad odors like that of urine is white vinegar. The best thing is that vinegar does not leave back any unpleasant odor afterwards.
- To make a concoction, take 9% vinegar and some water, and dilute both in a 1:1 ratio.
- Fill this mixture in a spray bottle and apply it on the smelling areas of your bathroom carpet.
- Leave it for a few minutes until it dries completely.
- Once it dries, wash the area with detergent and warm water.
Vinegar has a smell that subsides on its own within a few minutes, and your bathroom carpet is left strike clean and fresh.
Use fresh lemon juice
Lemon is also a well-known odor repellent thanks to its high acidity, which is why it's often used to clean. Take a look at the following instructions, you will be able to get urine smell out of bathroom carpet very easily with this method .
- Dilute water with fresh lemon juice in a ratio of 1:1.
- Leave the mixture on the carpet area with the urine for around 15 minutes, and then use a clean sponge or fabric to wipe it clean.
- The best time to do this is immediately when the urine falls on the carpet, but if it has already dried, you will need to repeat the procedure several times. Lemon juice not only eliminates urine smell out of your bathroom carpet, but also gives it a nice citrus aroma.
Use baking soda
If your bathroom carpet smells of urine, baking soda is also a great ally, thanks to its amazing deodorizing properties. Baking soda is one of the most popular ingredients to remove bad odours from stains and fabric. Let's take a look at the procedure.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on the stain and leave it overnight. The patch of baking soda will dry through the night.
- In the morning, spray some distilled white vinegar on it and then wash. Don’t worry if you see some bubbles forming. It just means that it is working, as this is just the compounds interacting with each other to give a more cleaning effect.
Use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar
Another way to get rid of urine smell out of bathroom carpet is to use a mixture of baking soda and vinegar. This method is especially useful if none of the above have eliminated the nasty smell.
- Mix one cup distilled white vinegar and one cup water in a spray bottle, and add two tablespoons of baking soda to it as well.
- Shake it well and spray it on the bathroom carpet.
- Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes and then blot up gently with a piece of cloth.
If you have a pet or child at home and your bathroom carpet frequently gets dirty with urine, then you can keep this solution stored for around 3 months. So, you can actually make a big batch and keep it handy in your bathroom. It will work best if you work immediately as soon as the carpet gets in contact with urine.
Moreover, if the urine smell has also impregnated your clothes, we advise you to also take a look at our article on how to remove the smell of urine from clothing to make sure everything smells brand new.
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Get Urine Smell out of the Bathroom Carpet, we recommend you browse around our Home cleaning category.