How to Display Travel Souvenirs
You can display travel souvenirs by creating wall art, glass jars, decorating a library, or making home-made jewellery.
Everybody loves buying souvenirs when they travel. However, once we are back home we are left wondering what to do with travel souvenirs. There are many creative ways to display travel memorabilia. You can decorate an eclectic house by just displaying all kinds of souvenirs, for example. However, if your house does not have an eclectic or boho style, you will need to get more creative on how to display travel souvenirs. That is why today at oneHOWTO we will give you ideas on how to display travel souvenirs and teach you how to decorate with travel souvenirs. Read on to discover how to display travel souvenirs.
How to display travel souvenirs: wall art
Wall art is one of the best ways of displaying travel souvenirs. Here are a few travel wall art ideas:
- Use your travel photos, postcards, brochures and even tickets to decorate an entire wall. It will look funny and colorful.
- Pick one very good travel picture and make it into a huge canvas print to decorate your living room.
- Frame maps, train and plane tickets, and old passport stamps. With time, they will look vintage and leave visitors amused, while also reminding you of your travel adventures.
- Frame a world map and then mark where you have been by sticking a coin from a particular country on its location. This is a very creative way to display travel memorabilia.
As you can see, it is easy to display flat travel souvenirs by making some form of wall art. But what about objects? Next, we will give you some ideas on how to decorate with travel souvenirs.
How to display travel souvenirs: collections
Do you collect specific souvenirs? Do you have an object you always get when you travel? Magnets, coins, sand? It is a very good idea to decorate with travel souvenirs of the same kind because you can make a thematic wall and witness the amazing heterogeneity there is in the world. Here are a few creative ways to display travel memorabilia of the same kind.
- Create a space with a few shelves to display all of you travel mugs. You will witness how much you travel by the number of shelves you need to add!
- Put sand samples in individual glass containers out on display. You can nicely write the name of each place you got the sand from on the glass container.
- You can do the same with sea shells, sea related items are some of the best travel souvenirs to display.
- Get a big glass container and fill it with stones from every country you visit. Don't forget to add the name of the country on each stone.
- Create pillow cases with tea towels that represent the countries you visit. This is a very creative way to display travel memorabilia.
- If you like spices, get one spice from each country you visit and place them in nice containers on display in the kitchen.
- Get a magnet from every country you visit and place them on the fridge. It will cheer you up every time you open the fridge.
Collecting a specific souvenir makes it easy to decorate with travel souvenirs, but let's see a few more ideas to display more random travel souvenirs.
How to display travel souvenirs: get creative
Here is a list of diy decorations you can make with travel souvenirs. They not only look good, but they also bring good memories whenever you look at them.
- The first way to display travel souvenirs is one of the most beautiful: make a wall cubby and fill each cube with a small souvenir, it will be like a little tour around the world.
- Get a big, transparent glass container and fill it with a souvenir for each country you visit. It will be like a memory box, but on display.
- Decoupage maps, brochures etc. on bowls, trays, tables.
- Stock up colorful books from your trips on your coffee table. You can look at them while you unwind.
- If you love Moroccan style, you can buy textiles including kilims and then use them to cover anything from a sofa to a pillow to a table top.
- If you bought some hand made shoes you will never wear such as Dutch wooden clogs, turn them into flower pots or hung them on the wall to store your keys.
- Create an homemade dream catcher with you holiday sea shells and rocks, it fits very well with a boho chic décor.
- Turn sea shells or rocks into homemade jewellery by painting them and stinging them on a chain.
- Create a scrapbook and keep it on display.
More ideas to diplay travel souvenirs
If you are still wondering how to display travel souvenirs, you should consider simply placing them on the bookshelves, in front of your books. They will make your reading area more colorful and interesting.
A couple of tips if you are always found asking yourself why you bought a certain souvenir and what to do with travel souvenirs are: try to buy things you will be able to actually use such as edible stuff, books, kitchen items; also, bear in mind what your home's overall style is and do not buy things that will clash with it.
Now you know how to display travel souvenirs and what to do with all the stuff you have been accumulating!
If you'd like to read similar articles to How to Display Travel Souvenirs, we recommend you browse around our Interior Design and Decor category.