How to Clean Glass Oven Door Window
The oven is one of the most used appliances in the kitchen. It allows you to make a huge variety of sweet and savory recipes, making it essential in most homes. However, since it keeps the food inside, it is prone to food splatter and debris, especially with messy recipes. When heat is added, it means the food can burn on and make it very difficult to remove. It is important to clean the oven regularly and keep it in good condition or it will malfunction. The inside of the glass oven door window is one of the trickiest parts to clean.
At oneHOWTO, we show you how to clean the glass oven door window. We show you how to clean the inside of the glass with the right products which will not harm them.
How to clean the outside of the glass oven door window
To learn how to clean double oven glass, it is important to differentiate between the methods required for the outside and inside. To clean it on the outside, it is only necessary to have the right products and apply them properly.
Find out how to clean the outside of the oven glass door by following these steps:
- Remove all food debris that is embedded in the glass by applying a mixture of water and baking soda.
- Wait 15 minutes for the bicarbonate of soda and water mixture to act on the glass, working as a natural degreaser.
- Rinse the glass with the help of a damp cloth (only using water). Make sure the cloth is microfiber. You should rinse insistently and repeat the process until the bicarbonate disappears completely.
- It is possible that, after the application of bicarbonate and water, some food remains. Rub the glass with a scraper, using gentle movements over the area with food debris. Be very careful or the glass could scratch.
- It is essential to dry the glass after rinsing. To avoid any marks, do it with a cloth and in cmovements in the same direction. Don't make circular motions.
- Finally and optionally, go over the glass by applying a little alcohol with a cloth.
Now that you know how to clean the oven glass, you may be interested in this other more general article on how to clean the oven with ammonia.
How to clean the inside of the glass oven door window
To clean the inside of the glass oven door, it is best to remove the door. Only in this way will you be able to remove all accumulated grease and embedded dirt, especially if you want to clean an oven that is very dirty. If you don0t know how to remove the glass oven door, you can follow these steps:
- Locate the hinges on the oven door: they can be on the door itself or anchored in the oven.
- Turn the two triggers on the hinges to unlock them.
- With both hands, pull on the door to remove it. When in doubt, refer to the oven's instruction book.
- Locate the buttons on the top of the door. They will be located on both sides.
- Press the buttons and remove the double glass cover. Do not stop pressing the buttons until the cover is removed.
- At this point, you will have access to the two panes of glass (the interior and the exterior). Remove the two glass panes remembering the position of both to put them back the same way after cleaning.
With the oven door glass removed, you can now thoroughly clean it. Follow these instructions to clean the oven glass properly:
- Clean the inside of the glass with a cloth dipped in hot water . Thus, you will be able to eliminate the remains of fat that are less resistant.
- You can use any detergent available on the market to clean the oven. Another alternative is the natural degreaser used to clean the exterior glass, that is, the mixture of bicarbonate and water.
- Distribute the mixture over the surface of the inner glass, letting it act for 15 minutes before rinsing it off.
- To polish the glass inside, apply white vinegar, waiting another 15 minutes for it to work.
Your oven will inevitably get dirty, but to keep it as clean as possible you will need to treat it properly. Check out our article on how to use a fan oven to learn more.
Other tips for cleaning the oven
Now that you know how to clean the glass oven door from the outside and inside, we share with you some tricks to clean the oven in the optimal way:
- Lemon is one of the best products for cleaning the oven door glass. By applying the lemon juice after each use, you will eliminate any bad smell from the appliance.
- Leave the oven door open after cooking for at least a few minutes.This way clean air will penetrate inside and will prevent encrusted food and dirt from being generated inside the glass.
- To remove the oven panes without removing the door, be sure to leave the hinges locked. If not, they could close and cause the glass to break if it is not attached properly.
- After cleaning the oven glass door, check that it is positioned correctly to avoid overheating the door. Also, the oven may not work if the double glass is not fitted properly.
Our article on how to use a convection oven will provide some more info to help you ensure you keep it as clean as possible.
If you want to read similar articles to How to Clean Glass Oven Door Window, we recommend you visit our Home cleaning category.